Jan-01 – Dec-31
SANCTION: PT 162
START POINT: Running Room Store, 2112 West 4th Ave V6K 1N6
DISTANCES: 5,10k RATING: 2B
REGISTRATION: Mon-Fri: 10:00 – 20:00; Sat: 09:30 – 19:00; Sun: 08:30 – 18:00; Check re: Statutory Holiday
DIRECTIONS: By car: Drive along West 4th Ave. Store is just west of Arbutus St. By transit: Take bus #4 (UBC/Powell) or bus # 7 (Dunbar/Nanaimo Station) & stop at West 4th Ave & Arbutus.
INFORMATION: Ask staff for Walk Box (in back).
There are five routes.
1. Point Grey & Vanier Park – Western 5k Loop goes to Point Grey; Eastern 5k Loop goes to Vanier Park (rating 2B). Routes go along Kitsilano Beach & residential streets, then to Vanier Park & back.
2. Burrard Bridge – Granville Island 10k (rating 2B): An extension of the Eastern Loop to Vanier Park, cross Burrard Bridge to Seawall, David Lam Park & ferry to Granville Island.
3. Locarno Beach 5k & 10k (rating 2B/3B): Register at Start Point & drive, walk (2.4k) or take transit (bus #4) to start walk at #200 – 2083 Alma St (West 4th Ave & Alma) (A&W). Route goes along Jericho Beach & Locarno Beach up the hill to West Point Grey with beautiful mansions & 1940’s – 1950’s housing.
4. Jericho Beach Park 6k & 10k (rating 2B): Register at Start Point & drive, walk (2.4k) or take transit (bus #4 westbound) to start walk at #200 – 2083 Alma St (Alma & West 4th Ave) (A&W). Walk by Jericho Garrison, Trimble Park and then into Pacific Spirit Regional Park. Continue along Spanish Banks and then into Jericho Beach Park. The 6k will only go to Jericho Beach Park
5. Spanish Banks & University Endowment Lands 6k & 10k (rating 2B/3B): Register at Start Point & drive to start walk at 4445 NW Marine Dr (Locarno Beach Concession Building). Or take bus #4 westbound & stop at West 4th & Trimble & walk 9 mins (700m) to start walk at 4445 NW Marine Dr (Locarno Beach Concession Building). Walk along the Spanish Banks beaches and Admiralty Trail in Pacific Spirit Regional Park. Explore the University Endowment Lands with historical landmarks & mansions. Enjoy the spectacular views along the route – the beaches, parks, Burrard Inlet and the North Shore Mountains.
Note: Route #5 can be a 14k walk by starting at #200 – 2083 Alma St (West 4th Ave & Alma) (A&W).