SANCTION: PT 053
START POINT: Running Room Store, 679 Denman St. V6G 2L3
DISTANCES: 5, 6, 7,10,11k RATING: 1A/2B/3B
REGISTRATION: Mon-Fri: 09:30 – 20:00; Sat: 09:30 – 18:00; Sun: 08:30 – 17:00; Check store for Statutory Holiday hours
PROGRAM: Lighthouse, Famous Canadian Walk, Bridges
DIRECTIONS: By car: Go along West Georgia St. Store is on SW corner of Denman St & West Georgia St. By transit: Take any bus that goes along West Georgia St & stop at West Georgia & Denman.
INFORMATION: Ask staff for Walk Box (in back). Panoramic views of Vancouver harbour & Downtown, North Shore mountains & English Bay. There are 7 routes available.
- Seawall East 10/11k (rating 1A): Walk around the Seawall going counter-clockwise starting from Coal Harbour.
- Seawall West 10/11k (rating 1A): Walk around the Seawall going clockwise starting from English Bay.
- Trails 10k (rating 2B): Part seawall & part inside trails.
- Prospect Point & Lions Gate Bridge 10k (rating 3B): Trails to Prospect Point, cross Lions Gate Bridge & return via Beaver Lake & Rose Garden; 7k (rating 3B) available – will not cross Lions Gate Bridge.
- Lagoon & Lake 10k (rating 2B) Similar to Prospect Point & Lions Gate Bride route but instead of crossing the Lions Gate Bridge, this route goes around Lost Lagoon & Beaver Lake.
- Siwash Rock Viewpoint 10k (rating 3B): Part Seawall starting from Coal Habour and trails up to Prospect Point and then to Siwash Rock Viewpoint.
Aquarium – Hollow Tree 10k (rating 2B) Part Seawall starting from Coal Harbour, and trails up to Prospect Point and along trails with old trees, including the Hollow Tree, a Vancouver Heritage. This walk will also take us to the Vancouver Aquarium.
For all seven routes, the shorter options are 5k and 6k. Both routes (rating 1A) covers part of the Seawall and the 6k will go to the Rose Garden & Lord Stanley statue. All routes go past or have a view of Brockton Point Lighthouse & Bridges. Prospect Point & Lions Gate Bridge and Lagoon & Lake routes will not pass Famous Canadians.